My friend Robin Calhoun, and her son Zack, are on a mission to collect 100 boxes for Operation Christmas Child, in the Richmond, Virginia area! Operation Christmas Child is a project organized through Samaritans Purse. Since 1993, they have collected filled, wrapped shoe boxes for children all across the world. Last year 8.6 million children experienced the joy of Christmas through these boxes! Samaritans Purse also adds an informational brochure to each box, witnessing about God. Robin and Zack are collecting filled boxes now through Nov. 10, 2012, and need your help to reach this goal! If you don't live in Richmond, you can find a participating location here!
How to get started:
1. Visit Samaritans Purse, to view a list of acceptable items to donate.
2. Decide which age group and gender you want to purchase items for. Then, stop by your local Dollar Store, or any store, and purchase a handful of items, ranging from toys to hygiene and treats.
3. Place items in a shoe box, and wrap the box bottom and lid separately.
4. Include $7 to cover shipping and handling expenses for Samaritans Purse (Make check payable to: Samaritans Purse).
5. Schedule a drop off or a pick up, by calling Robin @ 804-674-6538.